Monday, December 12, 2005

Double-tagged

I got tagged for the same meme twice, from Deputy's Wife and Aquarelita, so I guess I'd better get up on this bad boy. The meme requests bits of information people aren't likely to know about me. Aquarelita wants twelve and Deputy's Wife wants five, and since I've been awake for a long time, I'm going to go with five and call it a night (sorry BG!).

1) I live in a house that has something like eight or nine guns in it. Currently, I don't know where the key to the gun safe is, and I'm happy not knowing that information, even though...

2) I enjoy firing a gun. (Shh, vegetarians aren't supposed to!)

3) I sympathize overmuch with the victims of violence. Particularly animal victims. I'm sometimes utterly overcome with this sick sensation, thinking of abused dogs. The miasma of agony that goes through my head sticks with me for days sometimes and I feel like rotting fruit. While I sympathize with groups that work to, say, stop the breeding of pit bulls for fighting, or eliminate animal testing as much as possible, I'm paralyzed into inaction by the suffering I'm exposed to when I try to find information about what I can do to help. I'm ashamed that I'm so affected by what I see and by what I feel that I literally lose my sense of hearing or my ability to detect the passage of time. What good is this sympathy if it's so strong I can't act to help alleviate the source of suffering?

4) I like to Photoshop my dogs' heads onto each other's bodies. The results never turn out good but they make me laugh.

5) I am so fucking lonely. And I have no one and nothing but myself to blame.

It probably doesn't read like it but lol, coming up with those five things just took about half an hour (people don't know that shit [except number 4] for a reason, eh?) so I'm not going to tag anybody else with this, unless Hu wants to do it, because he's such a man of mystery :-). (Hi, Hu.)

My friend Cara is flying in on Wednesday to stay for a few days. I'm happy about that. I need the connection, and I miss her. She's the greatest.

Goin' to bed.

9 Comments:

At December 13, 2005 12:23 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

my hubby and i also photoshop our dog with others faces on him

we laugh.

 
At December 13, 2005 9:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, this is Hu. What?

 
At December 13, 2005 11:07 AM, Blogger suleyman said...

I enjoy firing guns as well, but I don't like having them around.

-Suley

 
At December 13, 2005 3:39 PM, Blogger Mary said...

Sometimes the most-fired gun I know is my mouth. Bad.

Liked your list, particularly what you said about having such strong sympathy.
[emailed you back, thanks. :) ]

 
At December 13, 2005 3:59 PM, Blogger Jen said...

I don't know if I could ever have guns in my house- I'd be so afraid someone would shoot me by accident, with all the characters floating around here! A joke gone bad and next thing you know, I'm shot down.

I can totally understand where you're coming from with the sympathizing. I don't allow myself to think about animal cruelty because it makes me sick. Last week, a wandering pit bull down the street was forcefully picked up by animal control and it took every ounce of self-control to not roll my window down and yell, "it's not the dog's fault!!!!".. even though I had no clue as to why they were picking him up... other than he was roaming. Ugh.. I know my example might sound lame, but I also am super sensitive to stuff like that.

Why are you lonely???????

 
At December 13, 2005 4:38 PM, Blogger Madam Sakura said...

Keep you head up...(I should heed my own advice huh?!)

I would love to see your doggie photos!

 
At December 13, 2005 6:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel like your first three pretty much fit me if I were to write something about myself. I've never mentioned on my blog that I have a conceal carry permit, even though I don't carry. And as much as I complain about the guns in the house, I still love going to the range w/ my hubby. People in my life would be shocked to know that.

And I'm not kidding, if I lived nearby you could totally come over and hang out with me if you were lonely. :-) Then maybe you could give me some photo lessons.

 
At December 14, 2005 6:20 AM, Blogger Spenceman said...

I wish I had a dog so I could photoshop its head onto other things. I like your pictures on the site. Looks like you have a niche for photography...;)

 
At December 14, 2005 11:49 PM, Blogger Heather said...

I got tagged with this one too but haven't done it yet. I am sorry you are lonely.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home