Monday, December 05, 2005

You know you got drunk last night when

  • you wake up with a hankering for an egg sandwich at five in the morning
  • you wake back up at nine with a hangover
  • you find a Christmas-tree ornament that says "1986" on it in your pantry, complete with teethmarks from one of the dogs
  • you go in the living room and notice there is a silver garland wadded up and stuck to the Christmas tree like it's been thrown at it
  • Steve the dog is sporting Christmas bling, in the form of a rainbow hot-air balloon ornament tied to his collar.

I had an adventure yesterday when I was putting up Christmas lights. I got the extension ladder out and propped it up on the side of the house, and while I was climbing up it, a branch from one of the bushes over there caught on my coat and then snapped back and hit me right in the eye. Stung like a futhermucker. I had to take my contact out and go around in my dorky glasses the rest of the night with tears oozing out my eye. Cutting up onions for dinner when you have scratched the tar out of your eye is not a good idea, kids.

I made a story on Flickr. You can look at it if'n you want to. Worth a laff.

I took a lot of pictures of ice today but I'm too cold and tired to post them now so I'm going to get in bed. Perhaps I shall post them tomorrow, if I don't have a case of the Mondays.

6 Comments:

At December 05, 2005 8:50 AM, Blogger Heather said...

My eye is watering in empathy!

 
At December 05, 2005 1:12 PM, Blogger Hu said...

The crash test dummies freak me out.

-Hu

 
At December 05, 2005 2:11 PM, Blogger Greg said...

Interesting story. I'm sorry about the tree; maybe you should take your revenge by cutting off that limb. Or is that taking it a bit too far?

 
At December 05, 2005 11:23 PM, Blogger suleyman said...

Sawdust for blood. I can just see you stooping down surreptitiously at Lowe's to scoop up a handful; looking around to see if anyone is watching. Realizing how much of nut you look like. Ah, the things we do for photography...

-Suley

 
At December 06, 2005 12:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a Geraldo moment right now and burst out laughing... Sorry (giggles)! Poor you, if its still burning and all teary try tea. Infuse some tea, very strng, let it warm then wash your eye with it. it should sooth it. Be Careful though!
Ah, the things you do for photography... :-)

Fitèna

 
At December 06, 2005 11:45 AM, Blogger Jen said...

that's hysterical. Good post.

Can't wait to see the new photos.

we're freezing our asses off here- lots of ice/snow all around us.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home