Friday, December 02, 2005

Yee-owsers. The meme.

Thank you all for the compliments on my trumpet photos. :) If I don't watch it, I'm going to wind up with a swelled head here.

I now have artwork up at Ciani's Cafe in Ft. Thomas. Any of you locals, feel free to stop by, have some coffee, look at some pictures.

So I did this meme that Adeline tagged me with. Here are my answers:

Three things that you wish you were good at but are either not good at all or just so-so:

1) Math. It would be sexy to have wild math skills. Currently, I stink at it. 2) Running. 3) Singing.

Three of your favorite songs to dance around in ya undapants to:

1) Kale by Osman Isman (on Buddha Bar III) 2) The Katamari Damacy theme song 3) This punk cover of "Build Me Up Buttercup" that I have.

The name of your favorite teacher, what grade, subject and WHY (can be a professor too).

My senior capstone creative writing professor. He opened my eyes to all sorts of possibility. He seemed to have great confidence in my writing abilities too. I feel lucky to have taken his class.

Three things that you are inexplicably good at, for better or for worse.

1) Takin' pictures 2) Writing, when I'm on form 3) Skating.

Your top 3 favorite breakfast cereals, if none, your idea of the perfect breakfast.

1) Life cereal. 2) Life cereal. 3) Life cereal. Mmmmm, I love Life cereal.

Top three destinations, places you gotta see before you die and WHY.

1) Sub-Saharan Africa. I've wanted to go there since I was old enough to recognize Africa as a place as far away as you can get without starting to come back. 2) India, anywhere, because--God, it's so huge and different. 3) One of those beaches where the sand is white and the water is crystal-clear and there's nobody else around.

Name a huge turning point in your life, something that happened and after that everything was different. What was different? Why?

When my brother broke his neck. I wrote a post about it; if you're really interested you can read it here.

On a scale of 1 to 10, are you a good kisser? Pursuant to this, does it matter? (what is your opinion)

Lawd knows. I ain't never kissed myself to tell. In fact, if I met myself in a dark alley, I think I'd be a lot more inclined to try to beat the shit out of me to see how good I fight than to kiss me to see how good I kiss.

What is your best feature? Your worst? (intentionally vague here)

When I'm nice, I'm really really nice, and when I'm mean, I'm awful.

Are you a night person or a morning person?

Probably morning--that's when I do my best photography and writing. I don't really know. The lines get blurred sometimes, and everything blends together.

Fill in the blank: "There is nothing better than _______ after a long hard day of work."

Coming home to dogs who are so overjoyed to see me that they knock me over and talk about it and lick me and tell me about how they barked at the mailman and called my mom's dog, Sam, on the phone and how much they wanted to go chase that squirrel out of the yard but they couldn't because they can't figure out how the latch on the sliding glass door works.

I'm tagging You, You, and You. (You know who you are, mua ha ha ha)

Fridays are good. I'll take two, please.

Oh P.S.: My friend Hu told me about this video. Check it out. It's neat-o.

6 Comments:

At December 02, 2005 12:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another neat photo. You're in a monochrome phase?

-Hu

 
At December 02, 2005 1:44 PM, Blogger suleyman said...

I'm sure your singing voice isn't terrible. As long as you feel what you're singing it can't be bad.

You know, I should have put the Katamari theme as one of my rump shakin' songs. Laaalalalalalala!

I would give myself a kiss. A kiss of death. I'd fight me to the death just to see which me is tougher. Then we'd see who'd get the bowl of Life cereal.

-Suley

 
At December 02, 2005 2:42 PM, Blogger Mary said...

1. Fantastic photo.
2. Interesting answers - lol, I'll think of you on the breakfast aisle now when I pass the Life boxes. Out of curiousity, does it have to be the original kind or will any variety of the stuff do it for you?
3. That video is very cool. Gave me chills.

 
At December 03, 2005 1:17 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

*sniff* people only complimented your great photos *sniff* no one said anything about my wonderous meme

but them trumpet shots are inspiring betwixt you and suley it makes me want to ditch the stella and buy a camera instead.

 
At December 03, 2005 11:52 AM, Blogger Heather said...

Great meme! You sound so happy!

 
At December 03, 2005 10:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhhh, couldn't agree w/ you more on the puppies! There's nothing better than the unconditionaly, unbridled love of pups after a long day of nonsense and stress. We just went to a new bar by our new house tonight called "Uncle Bear's". Evidently Uncle Bear was someone's pup and there are pictures of people's dogs all over the walls. AND they have killer beer. What could be better?

Missed reading you this last week. So glad to have Internet back.

Have a great day!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home