Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Yee-haw.

I get to go under the knife on March 9th. I take back what I said about not caring if I have to have surgery; my right arm will be strapped to my body for four to six weeks after. Dangit! How am I gonna drive my stick-shift, or take pictures, or do anything? Grrr.

Oh well, I am not the first person in the world to be right-armless, and I won't be the last. I was in a snit yesterday when I came home from the doctor's office, but I am acclimating myself to the idea. The pain is better today, so that is helping my mood.

Yesterday was the third anniversary of the day M and I met, and so my great plan was to surprise him with some goodies (a bottle of Chianti, some hazelnut chocolate thingies, and a Nerds rope--nothing like a touch of crass to set off the elegant) and a yummy dinner out at Taj Mahal, our favorite Indian restaurant. But he had to work overtime, so I was all aloooowne when I got back from the doctor and very sad. We went out to dinner anyway when he got home, even though it was late. I was all Percocet-ed out since I'd had to clean mud from twelve dog feet, which necessitated much shoulder movement, and I ordered the Punjabi curry which turned out to be veeerry spicy but I couldn't really feel the heat because of the Percocet. I brought the leftovers to eat at work today. We'll see if it turns my mouth inside out now that I have nothing to dull the heat.

All right. I'm off to proofread the bio of some dude with a funny name for a health and wellness website, and to eat.

10 Comments:

At February 22, 2006 2:44 PM, Blogger Greg said...

I don't envy you. I HATE hospitals and surgery.

And congratulatoins on the 3 years! Woo hoo!!!

 
At February 22, 2006 3:52 PM, Blogger cmhl said...

so what exactly was the diagnosis? rotator cuff tear? what will the surgery be?

hang in there!

 
At February 22, 2006 6:04 PM, Blogger Morris said...

I hope everything goes good for you. Sometimes doctors will molest you while you are under the influence of the sleeping gass, so I would be very careful and check afterwords to see if anything happened to you.

Mr. Morris
Ask Morris

 
At February 22, 2006 6:16 PM, Blogger Elemmaciltur said...

Hope all goes well with your surgery! And hope your mouth wasn't turned inside out after lunch! (I just came back home from a Curry Night, too!)

 
At February 22, 2006 6:20 PM, Blogger M said...

You know, back when I was a big loser (wait... rephrase...)
When I was younger, I used to practice typing with my left hand, "just in case" I ever busted my right one. Not exactly cool, but I guess it might be useful.

*smack* M, you weren't supposed to tell anyone that.

 
At February 22, 2006 7:03 PM, Blogger Mary said...

Yikes. 4-6 weeks. That will be one of those "one day at a time" periods of your life, I'm sure, J. Hang in there.

Nerd ropes! :)
Happy 3 years to yous.

 
At February 22, 2006 7:20 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Congrats on 3 years! That's great.

You need to work the sympathy card as much as possible after surgery- you know, make people buy you stuff, do your cleaning and laundry for you, bring you out for ice cream, rent movies for you.. work it up. But more importantly, I hope your shoulder feels better soon.

 
At February 22, 2006 7:31 PM, Blogger Allan said...

We'll be back before he 9th. If there is anything we can doto help out, please let us know.

 
At February 23, 2006 11:12 PM, Blogger Raehan said...

Ooooooh. Keep up updated on the surgery.

Happy anniversary. That food sounds good.

Next time let the mud lie until your feeling better.

 
At February 24, 2006 10:52 AM, Blogger Kim said...

Happy Anniversary to you and M!

Surgery???? Oh that sucks, but in the end you will feel better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home