Thursday, January 26, 2006

Welcome to...Lincoln's left nostril!

You know those random days you have? Yeah.

I got nothing but lol from the utter weirdness of this Honda commercial. (Thanks Hu.) Worth checking out.

So, dogs, oy. Having four dogs in the house is not that much different than having three dogs in the house, except somehow the amount of FUR everywhere seems to have multiplied itself by a factor of eight. I don't know how this is possible. Ruby is not that fuzzy. But when M vacuumed on Saturday, he had to empty the dirt-holder twice because it was so full of fur that it couldn't suck anything else up. And it's not like we vacuum infrequently, either. I mean, we have DOGS EVERYWHERE. This necessitates lots of vacuuming.

I took Ruby to an adoptathon last Saturday, but nobody was interested. I'm taking her to another one this Saturday. It is going to be hard to give her up if someone wants her. She sleeps on the floor right next to my bed and before she'll lay down she whimpers for me to pet her. Oh how my little dog-lovin' heart goes pitter-pat when she needs me!

But it is not going to be hard to give up all this extra FUR everywhere...foo.

I emailed the chick who owns the coffeeshop where my photos have been on display for a couple months now to tell her I was thinking about coming to pick them up (so I can display them in my living room, where I can actually look at them and enjoy them), but she said some stuff is selling (freakin' finally!) and she'd like to keep my work up through the end of February. So, hey, that was kinda cool. I wish she would have told me a while ago that my stuff was selling though; I've been sitting here thinking nothing was.

I am also getting this gig where I'm doing photos for a local business calendar (an unpaid gig, sadly) that's going to be distributed to 30,000 households in Cincinnasty. 30,000 households is a lot of households! And the dude says he will put my contact info along with info about how to buy my photos on there.

Word.

I mean, you know, I guess there's the chance that will fall through and all, but wouldn't that be cool?

I've also started attempting to get my images listed in stock-photo sites. It's a time-consuming process. You have to go through each photo and clean it up as best you can, make it look like a million bucks, then upload it and hope it will get approved, then make sure you have good, relevant tags on it, then hope somebody *might* buy it. Seems like it's a lot of hoops to jump through for relatively low pay-out, but I've got to start somewhere. As mentioned a few posts ago, I've decided to quit beating around the effin' bush and try to do something with my photos. With the end-goal in mind of actually making a (meager) living with them.

I mean shit, who wants to work in advertising forever.

Oh, I booked a trip here for a couple weekends from now. Me, M, and my bro (not the one I am all irked at, the other one) will be drinkin' it up and skiin' it down. Hopefully I will not dislocate my shoulder this year like I did last year attempting to do some tricky fancy-schmancy backward shit. (It was cool too until I fell)

I am pretending to be full of joy in order to get through this annoying day. I have a feeling my luck is about to run out.

9 Comments:

At January 26, 2006 10:28 PM, Blogger M said...

Holy shit, Holiday Valley... I know it well. The skiing is so-so, but the drinkin' and the hot-tubbin' are not to be missed.
Wow.
You should stop at Peak N Peek on your way home, just to make me all nostalgic.

*sigh*

Go get 'em dude.

 
At January 27, 2006 1:08 AM, Blogger suleyman said...

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y135/sonofsuleyman/lincolnnostril.jpg

Lincoln's left nostril. May it bring you luck.

Your photos are the bomb diggity. You gots the skillz to be a professional. I'll be happy just to get my white balance right.

-Suley

 
At January 27, 2006 1:13 AM, Blogger Fatma said...

La La La La!!
I know they were good!
La La La La!!
I told you they were good!
La La La La!!
Now they know they are good!
La La La La!!
Am feelinf so so so good!
La La La La!!
Because they are good!

What's wrong with me?! lol! Congrats J*!!!! Am really happy for you, your pictures HAD to Be noticed!!!

Fitèna

 
At January 27, 2006 7:47 AM, Blogger Elemmaciltur said...

*thumbs up* for your future photographer career that's shaping itself right now!

 
At January 27, 2006 8:08 AM, Blogger Allan said...

That's really cool on the photo gigs!

Congrats and good luck with it in the future.

I know you'll get there. You're too good not to.

 
At January 27, 2006 1:26 PM, Blogger Hu said...

I am so happy to hear that you're moving pictures! (bad RUSH reference, eh?)

ps: I went snow-boarding in Colorado. Once. The first time I'd ever been on a run. It was scary. Even the bunny hill.

 
At January 27, 2006 3:26 PM, Blogger jennypenny said...

I am visitng here after reading a reccomendation on Atpandas blog and loved my experience here. Your photos are totally inspiring. I just bought myslef a new digital slr and you have stirred that creativity in me. I'll be sure to come back and visit soon!

 
At January 28, 2006 1:16 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

That reminds me, I need to get on your Flickr and swipe some photos! I tried once, but I had dial up then and it took for-ever! Now I am in the modern times and have dsl.

I am putting it on my list of things to do!

 
At February 01, 2006 12:36 PM, Blogger cmhl said...

ohhhh, that looks like a fun place to visit!!!! can I go?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home