Wednesday, February 15, 2006

A super-sized sack of suck

I got my MRI and CT scan scheduled; gotta be at the hospital at a blaring 5:40 a.m. tomorrow. That'll be lots of fun. CT scan I don't mind, since I know what to expect after having so many on my lungs, but MRI, well, let's just say, J. Star is a tad claustrophobic.

This world is really set up to accommodate right-handed people.

This morning as I was attempting to gather my stuff to get off the bus, the driver tapped the brakes and pitched me into a pole in front of me. I had to grab it with my right hand to keep from falling over. Yeah, that hurt.

Lol, I don't really have a lot of news to report here. Things are pretty much just sucky. I came back to work yesterday for half a day. I've got this harness and sling getup going on that makes the pain bearable for multiple hours at a stretch, so that's keeping me sane. Once I took it off last night though it was as if all the pain that had been prevented during the day came through the whole joint in a big rush. I had to take The Drugs. Which make me fall into this kind of dizzy sleep-state that isn't all that great.

My sternum has this big lump on it where the clavicle came out. It is gross. It grosses me out.

K, well, I gotta go do work.

10 Comments:

At February 15, 2006 11:54 AM, Blogger Elemmaciltur said...

Oh, you poor thing. I feel ya there....I also had an MRI when I was in Thailand back in Oct 05, because of those darn swollen lymphatic glands on the side of my neck. You're not allowed to move, not allowed to swallow. Well, thank you bloody much doctors and nurses - ever heard of reverse psychology? They told me that it'd take at most half an hour..but because I couldn't resist swallowing, I ended up having to be in the damn machine for over an hour. And I tell you, I am also kinda claustophobic. I almost cried when I got out.

 
At February 15, 2006 1:09 PM, Blogger Greg said...

Ouch! My Dad hates MRI's, too, and will only consider suffering through one if an open MRI is used.

 
At February 15, 2006 3:19 PM, Blogger Tay Hota said...

pain killers, no wonder you smacked into the pole, at least it didn't hurt... sorry for your misery, where did you ski??

 
At February 15, 2006 5:59 PM, Blogger Ramona said...

hey...if you lived in Canada the MRI booking would be 6 months from now...plenty of time to get used to the idea, or to get counselling for the claustrophbia!
All kidding aside, I hope that everything turns out ok. That's gotta suck not being able to use your arm. I hope that there is no permanent damage.

 
At February 15, 2006 6:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

seriously, ewe. And I am TOTALLY claustrophobic and I wish someone had given me DRUGS to take before my MRI. I say you load up on those before you go in. Seriously.

 
At February 16, 2006 6:21 AM, Blogger Cincy Diva said...

Hope you feel better. Some of the hospitals have open MRI's which are not too bad. I am having major pain in both my shoulders so I know what you are going thru. Good Luck

 
At February 16, 2006 11:55 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Oh my god, i hope you feel better! i am actually headed up into the mountains of Maine this weekend for a snowboarding/ski trip. hope you can get back on the slopes soon and all is well and healable.

 
At February 16, 2006 1:34 PM, Blogger Kim said...

I had an MRI last year, it really wasn't so bad at all. You'll do just fine. They'll play music for you and everything.

 
At February 16, 2006 8:23 PM, Blogger Mary said...

That's one sucky sack!
Hugs for ya, J. Hope all goes well with the MRI.

And... how is your lip?!

 
At February 20, 2006 7:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You still doing alright?? Good luck at the appt.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home