Saturday, December 24, 2005

Schwoop! (Silence) Thud

That is the sound I made last night as my skis left the snow and I was suspended for a brief moment and then I came down on my bottom. Wahoo!

M and I went skiing last night on a whim. It was lots of fun. At one point we were going up a rope tow to get to a lift and he pulled hard on the rope at an angle to the direction it was going, and let it go with a *fwap.* I was behind him and didn't know what the hell he was doing and it knocked me right off. I felt like a fool. :)

We also did a double black diamond slope--well, I did it about three times and he did it once and fell a lot. Last time I tried that slope was about five years ago and I gave myself a black eye. My skills must have improved because I had no trouble with it last night. That's kind of a good feeling.

I haven't been this happy since we got back from South Dakota. I don't really know what the gig is, but I'm riding it as long as it will last. I feel pretty good. Pretty darn good. M is off work this weekend by a miracle of good timing and it's good to just spend time with him and anticipate giving him his presents and hang out with the dogs and do what the heck ever. I hope it just *stays* this way for a while.

I'm hungry. Wonder what I can find yummy to eat in the kitchen...

10 Comments:

At December 24, 2005 9:37 AM, Blogger Tay Hota said...

ahhh, skiing, I talke5d the boy into going skiing with me last year. I think that'll be my only chance; he hated it. Sometimes we just have to enjoy the moment and not worry too much about where it's heading... have fun with it!!!

 
At December 24, 2005 10:14 AM, Blogger cmhl said...

good for you!!!!!! where do you ski around cincinnati (did I spell that right??)

I loveeeeeeeeeee to ski.. love it.

you know--- since it made you happy, perhaps you should do it more often???



Merry Christmas, J. Star--- I hope you have a wonderful weekend..

cmhl.

 
At December 24, 2005 5:58 PM, Blogger Elemmaciltur said...

Great to hear that you're feeling good! Merry Christmas!

 
At December 24, 2005 10:57 PM, Blogger suleyman said...

Ski Master J.

Was this at "Perfect North" or some other place?

Merry Christmas!

Save the wrapping paper!

-Suley

 
At December 25, 2005 12:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

awe! so glad you're having a good holiday. And you are so lucky to have him for the holiday! I'm really happy for you. Merry Christmas to you J. And to M also! Take care...

 
At December 25, 2005 11:05 AM, Blogger Ramona said...

Merry Christmas to you and M!
How great that he has this holiday off and you get to spend some good quality time together.
Enjoy!

 
At December 26, 2005 12:26 PM, Blogger Greg said...

Hope you had a very Merry Christmas! I have a friend who's from South Dakota, and he's intolerably happy every time he leaves there.

 
At December 26, 2005 8:16 PM, Blogger Todd HellsKitchen said...

Skiing? How macho!

Happy New Year!!

Cheers,

Mr. H.K.
Postcards from Hell's
Kitchen

And I Quote Blog

 
At December 26, 2005 8:17 PM, Blogger M said...

I grew up skiing on what was, quite literally, a garbage dump. Yeeehaw, NW Ohio. I migrated North and found out that mountains are different than mole hills. Now, they don't call me the ever-lovin' tree-hugger for nothin'.

 
At December 26, 2005 8:19 PM, Blogger M said...

Oh, and Merry Christmas!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home