Monday, January 09, 2006

Lawdy

You know how sometimes, you just have that stupid day, where nothing is going right?

This morning I got up early to catch the early bus so I could get to work on time for the meeting. I pulled up at the bus stop five minutes before the bus was due to arrive and watched it drive right past without stopping. Stood in the cold waiting for the next bus (35 minutes later). I was late for the meeting.

When I got to work I discovered that my iPod has bitten the big one. Frozen on the apple screen. Efforts to resuscitate it (soft reset, hard reset, etc.) have proven futile.

I forgot to charge my camera battery, and I'm going to a photography class tonight I'll probably need it for. Also, the autofocus on the 55-200mm lens crapped out sporadically on me yesterday, so I am a bit worried about that.

M, who is off work today, emailed and said that the dog we got this weekend for fostering is totally fear-aggressive toward him and won't get near him and is growling at him. Steve has been trying to beat the shit out of the poor thing since I brought her home yesterday. This is not working out.

Work is annoying me.

/off rant. I found this. Wish I had created it:
When I opened my email I found some funny pictures my mother had sent me. This one demonstrates how I feel today.


Oh, my unbearable first-world pain! Oh, my iPod! My camera! My cushy, heated-mattress-pad lifestyle! My comfortable couch! My angst!

Lol, somebody smack me.

12 Comments:

At January 09, 2006 1:26 PM, Blogger Hu said...

Ah man, you just described my every morning. :-)

Love the 4 wheeler picture. It is caption worthy.

 
At January 09, 2006 2:16 PM, Blogger suleyman said...

Well, that's just wacky, technology all failing like that. Are there sunspots?

What went through his head when he noticed his wheels had popped off: "Snakes on a plane, dude, snakes on a plane."

We got snakes. On a plane.

-Suley

 
At January 09, 2006 2:35 PM, Blogger Elemmaciltur said...

Oh, lawdy! I hope that's not going to happen to my iPod...although I think it's inevitable and will happen one day (far, far away!).

Anyhow, I had quite a fubarred WE with my knitting anyway. So, I kinda am sharing a bit of your feeling. :)

 
At January 09, 2006 4:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, at least you ride the bus:)

 
At January 09, 2006 7:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*smack*


Well. You asked for it.


Glad I could be of service.


;)

I hope the rest of your day went better.

 
At January 09, 2006 7:20 PM, Blogger cmhl said...

do you have to have a prescription for the fuckitall?? I think I could use some of that!

 
At January 09, 2006 8:21 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Okay, it could be worse. I could package my kids up and send 'em out to ya UPS. I am having one of those days here too...

 
At January 09, 2006 10:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're taking a class too! You didn't tell me. My class starts next Wednesday. Tell me again why YOU need to take a class? :-)

Poor puppy girl! She probably hasn't had a good life and needs lots of love. I'm betting you guys can give that girl that love while she's with you.

 
At January 10, 2006 8:14 AM, Blogger Cincy Diva said...

Thwap! Snap out of it! Seriously, I hope the week gets better. After all, It's only Tuesday

 
At January 10, 2006 8:37 PM, Blogger BEGT said...

S-M-A-C-K!

 
At January 11, 2006 12:03 AM, Blogger M said...

*smack*

OK, now you owe me one. Upside the head please, and with a side of guacamole.

 
At January 12, 2006 2:53 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

haha thanks for the laughs on these 2 posts...i did have a completely beanisty day today ...available for disovery at my place...why dont yall come round. i invite thee.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home