Saturday, November 05, 2005

Whatnot

M is a massive bundle of nerves. A road patrol lieutenant called him about half an hour ago to ask him if he was available for an interview tomorrow. At our house. This is a position M has wanted for almost five years now, so for once, he is cleaning the house and I am not doing a darned thing to help, which is a welcome switch (big point of contention between he and I--M = slob, me = likes things neat). I'll help him in a while, but for now I'm sure enjoying this.

He and I and my mom went to the zoo today. My dad was away for the weekend and my mom was looking for something to do, and M is actually off this weekend (and next, too, woo hoo!), so we went down to see the animals this afternoon. Cincinnati's zoo is actually pretty nice. I took some pictures, which I will get around to uploading to Flickr sometime.

I'm dreadfully behind on my NaNoWriMo crud. This week pretty much sucked--I don't know how things get so out of hand sometimes. I had to work late a couple times, and my dad needed help with this project, and I didn't feel that great, and my friend Nathan had to go and complicate everything, and I think it's a damned miracle that I managed to get anything written at all. I'm hovering around 3,000 words, which puts me at a deficit. I'm going to try to write more tonight, but I'm not stressing myself out over it. I have too much other shite going on to worry about some self-imposed deadline for something I'm doing on a whim. Oy. No more stress. Please.

I'm developing a humdinger of a sinus headache. M and I did about 2 1/2 hours of raking and mowing and yardwork this morning, and now it looks like we haven't done a damned thing--the backyard's covered again. Guess that's what happens when you have elevendytwo billion silver maples in your yard. It's supposed to be stormy and rainy and windy tonight, so I'm sure there will be even more leaves down tomorrow. They're awfully pretty and all, but they sure are a pain to get up off the lawn.

We're having this holiday bazaar thing at work and I've been asked to have some photography for sale. I'm really kicking myself for having shot smaller-sized files; most of my stuff can't be printed any larger than 8x10, although I do have some stuff I can blow up to about 11x14. I've been doctoring up old images to make them purdy and new. I've blown this one to the right here up to 8x10 and put it in a white-matted 11x14 frame and it looks right nice. Now I'm just spending my cash on a bunch of frames and getting prints made...kind of expensive outlay, so I hope some people will actually buy my stuff.

I sure hope this headache goes away. It's a nasty one.

Here's hoping M does well on his interview tomorrow; I know he's not going to sleep a wink tonight.

12 Comments:

At November 05, 2005 10:01 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Good luck to M!

And, the number elevenydtwo, just exactly how many is that?

 
At November 05, 2005 11:05 PM, Blogger cmhl said...

gorgeous picture!!! (and don't you love it when the other half of the odd couple has to clean!??? **evil cackle**)

 
At November 05, 2005 11:22 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Here's wishing M good luck and J a speedy recovery from headache!

 
At November 06, 2005 12:24 AM, Blogger suleyman said...

I lub dat pitcher. Hope your stuff sells like hot cakes. Speakin' of which, have you ever seen hot cakes sold before? I mean, how do we know they sell real fast?

M has the skills. To pay the bills.

-Suley

 
At November 06, 2005 12:39 AM, Blogger Allan said...

I've got my fingers crossed for M.

He better ace this. I don't compromise the circulation in my hands for just anybody. ;)

 
At November 06, 2005 7:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck to M- good luck selling prints! hope your headache goes away-

 
At November 06, 2005 3:14 PM, Blogger Todd HellsKitchen said...

Happy thought for M today!

Cheers,

Mr. H.K.
Postcards from Hell's Kitchen
And I Quote Blog

 
At November 06, 2005 11:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the photo - hope you sell some!
Only nasty malicious people should EVER get sinus headaches (or migraines) - I'd like to speak to the Manager about that, it's such a gross injustice that it's usually the conscientious folk that get 'em.

 
At November 06, 2005 11:39 PM, Blogger M said...

ah. Pre-interview nerves. I know them well. My advice? Well, you can probably guess my advice, but I'm going to dispense it anyway.
Beer.
Just half of one or so, just enough to take the edge off.
I went to see a professor one morning, still drunk from the night before (killing the pain after failing his midterm). I don't remember much, but I remember saying "no, I definately am not doing that 18-credit bullshit." Excellent, M. It's a wonder I got my degree.

 
At November 07, 2005 12:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bonne chance to M!!!!

For the sinus-headache try this: Pour boiling water in a recipient, add some mentholatum (I hope that the right spelling) balm. Place the recipient on a table, take a heavy cloth and cover yourself over the water. You have to inhale strongly through your month and exhale through your nose. This should do it.

I hope the english is clear enough. The words don't come easily whan am feeling restless which I am....

Take care!

Fitèna

 
At November 07, 2005 2:47 AM, Blogger Elemmaciltur said...

Wishing M good luck with his interview!

 
At November 07, 2005 10:16 AM, Blogger Ramona said...

It's been a while since I've stopped by (I've been preoccupied) but today I have stayed a while and had a good visit.
As always, your photos are exceptional! I am certain that there are many people who would be interested in buying your art!
Your brothers Hallowe'en decorations are incredible, I wish I could have experienced them in real-life. Has he ever won the "Most Scariest House" contest? Here in Toronto, there is an annual contest that one of the News Stations puts on. It's always fun to see the imagination people put into their Scary homes.
I also read your story on your other site, which I'd never read before. And, it had me captivated. At first, I thought 'ah, this is too long, let me just skim over it' but as I was skimming, I found that I had to keep going back to find out what I had missed! To be honest, I read the story backwards, however, I DID end up reading the whole story!
Thanks for that.
Have a great week, and I hope the interview goes well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home