Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Try not to sneeze while you pee

What my headboard would see if it had eyes. I think I maintained at least some level of consciousness the entire night last night. It edged around to full when Steve had himself a good hearty (noisy) drink from the toilet bowl. One of us forgot to close the lid last night. D'oh!

Yeah, so, I sneezed while I was taking a whiz at work today. Baaaaad idea. Um. That's all I'm going to say about that.

Oh, and the bathroom. It is beginning to look like a real bathroom in there. With walls that are flat, and everything. We primered it all tonight. I had no idea there was that much ammonia in the primer we bought. I believe that I lost at least 17 1/2% of my brain cells tonight. But, at least I was listening to the blues while I was doing it.

I came out of the bathroom and sort of fell over onto the carpet panting for fresh air. That was a lot of ammonia. And I had my camera handy and there was this desk lamp and I thought in my haze, why don't I photograph my eye. So I did. I didn't know my eyelashes were that long. I think the supermacro distorted them. While I was taking pictures of my eye so close that my eyelashes were hitting the lens I thought, I will get in my head the way it is when I wake all up in the night not knowing wtf. So I did and I took a picture of it. That is what it feels like to wake up in the night and not know wtf.

Except, I think there are less eyelashes, in the middle of the night.

I can't believe how utterly fried I feel right now. I was only in the ammonia box huffing fumes for like an hour. I bet I wake up tomorrow with an ammonia hangover.

Plans are coming together for the trip. I am slowly oozing into that relaxed, -if we forget the matches the world won't end and we'll still have fun- mode. Oh vacation. Oh, make sweet love to me, vacation. I need you. I thirst for you. VaCAtion. Mmmmm

Here is a picture of the campsite I reserved in the Black Hills for days three and four of the trip. Man is that looking nice right about now.

Reminder for open call for postcards. If you want one, email your address to me at j_star_katamari at yahoo.com.

I can't believe it's just Tuesday night. It ought to be at least Thursday right now.

I think this is the crappiest post I've ever written. Ha ha! That's funny! Ha ha!

Hoo, boy. No more ammonia for J.

11 Comments:

At September 14, 2005 12:11 AM, Blogger suleyman said...

Dag, that eye picture is just freaky. I had trouble sleeping last night too. Is this some sort of mass hypnosis?

I spend a lot of time around mineral spirits. I use oil paint a lot, too. The fumes from the past 10 odd years of painting things has probably destroyed a significant percentage of my...what's that word...? Think box thingy that's in my head.

The campground looks nice.

Listening to Blues and getting high. Muddy Waters, I hope. If not, John Lee Hooker is also acceptable.

"Haw haw haw haw haw..."

-Suley

 
At September 14, 2005 1:51 AM, Blogger Allan said...

I love taking eye pictures.

That one is really cool.

 
At September 14, 2005 7:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LMAO! You're an ammonia snorter. *oink*

 
At September 14, 2005 8:54 AM, Blogger d.K. said...

I loved the expression "huffing fumes" which makes it sound like priming your bathroom walls was somehow illegal and dangerously adventurous. LOL

 
At September 14, 2005 1:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So jealous of your vacation. :-) I hope you have a GREAT time. Don't forget the flask, for when its cold you know.
A

 
At September 14, 2005 1:58 PM, Blogger The Catharine Chronicles said...

I've lurked on your blog for a while but after reading your blog today, and seeing the campsite, I have to tell you... While I personally find it amusing to watch a human mind fray a bit around the edges due to chemical overexposure, I think it's good you're getting away for a few days to an "ammonia-free" zone.

Have fun. Breathe deep. Leave the primer at home.

~CA~

 
At September 14, 2005 4:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, good luck with that ammonia hangover! I hope you at least had a little fun, haha! :) I do hope you'll post some finished product pictures of the bathroom when it's done!

Love the eye picture, I think it definitely captures a wtf, middle of the night type moment. Or so I would imagine.

That campground looks pretttty inviting! And hey, now it's Wednesday, not just Tuesday!

Oh yeah, and if it makes you feel any better I have also ordered a green leather case for my pink iPod that's about the same green as in my blog. :) I'm not an "I love pink and everything I wear is pink cuz I'm a girly girl" kind of pink lover, more like "Pink is sooo cool, and I like pink accessories (iPods, for example, jewelry, flip flops)", haha.

 
At September 14, 2005 6:59 PM, Blogger BEGT said...

Funny post... try not to sneeze! hahaha~

 
At September 14, 2005 8:50 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Okay, we get to see an eye. M's fingers. An arm here, an arm there. Is there a person behind all the body parts? LOL!

I envy you going to the Black Hills. It is really beautiful. I am looking forward to your pictures!

 
At September 14, 2005 9:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm right there with you in taking pictures of eyes. The iris can be a gorgeous thing, except when I attempt to photo it. Whenever I try to take a picture of anything fascinating, it turns out to be crap. I don't know what my problem(s) is(are). I wouldn't mind a tip or two on the subject, if you'd be willing to lend a few pedagogical words.

 
At September 15, 2005 2:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man oh man, that picture is freaky!!!!
Listen I got the absoluteremedy for your stress, try Suley's Morissey Dance, you'll feel good! lol! And oh, am interested by the postcard, here's the addy, haidarafatma@hotmail.com....
Sneeze... oops, I meant Cheers!
Fitèna

 

Post a Comment

<< Home