Monday, September 05, 2005

Sleeper drunk

Like when you're drinking wine right out of the bottle and you don't realize how drunk you are until you stand up. Woo...zy.

Reasons I love M:
  • He woke up in the middle of the night last night to take a leak last night and while he was up Steve the big-arsed mutt twinkletoed into his spot in bed. When M came back to bed he "helped" Steve out of bed, and I said, "Are you twinkletoeing him back out?" And M said, "No, I'm just explaining to him the principles of linear acceleration..." I mean, who the tar can talk coherently about linear acceleration at two in the morning?
  • He can pitch a tent. We bought this today for our Badlands trip. I can pitch a tent too and all, it's just nice to see a demonstration of mechanical competence, like. Such as I am not demonstrating right now because I am a lil' drunk.
  • We watched this kind of cheesy Antonio Banderas movie Pancho Villa tonight. There's a battle scene that's supposed to take place in 1914. M got all bent out of shape because one of the guns they were using wasn't created until 1918.
  • He spackles well.
  • And some other stuff. But I am reeaal tired.
I feel lucky to have had this good long weekend. It seems that it lasted more than three days. I'm glad I got to have it. I am also glad I do not live in New Orleans. When we were shopping today for some camping stuff we saw a display of those grill-lighter whatsits, those big long lighter things, and there was a sweepstakes on the package about how you could win a trip to New Orleans for four nights and five days...I'm glad I'm not in New Orleans...

The coolest thing about our new tent is that it has a DOGGIE DOOR.

The coolest thing about the bed is that I am about to get in it

15 Comments:

At September 05, 2005 11:05 PM, Blogger Madam Sakura said...

The doggie door signed the deal for me. Definately the coolest tent in all the land! Just keep a listen out for coyotes, my biggest fear with the dogs out of sight at night!

 
At September 06, 2005 5:03 AM, Blogger Allan said...

It seems that it lasted more than three days.

Me too!

 
At September 06, 2005 5:31 AM, Blogger cmhl said...

doggie door!!! and you said "who the tar"!!! you are a good egg..

 
At September 06, 2005 7:09 AM, Blogger Elemmaciltur said...

Cool! A doggy door in a tent! Hahaha, that's cute.

 
At September 06, 2005 9:23 AM, Blogger Madam Sakura said...

P.S. just noticed the new tag line...hahahahaha! WWLSD? Good stuff!

 
At September 06, 2005 10:53 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

The badlands is a cool place to visit. I am not much of a nature person, but I did appreciate that area. Are you going to see Mt. Rushmore? If so, take a picture for me. I have been there twice and both times those freakin heads were fogged over.

Also, Deadwood is pretty neat. I would like to go see it again now since I love the series on HBO.

 
At September 06, 2005 11:06 AM, Blogger suleyman said...

How's this for an anachronism: at the beginning of the film, Villa mentions something about Charlie Chaplin. Villa couldn't have known anything about Chaplin at the time (early 1914) since Chaplin was only a minor player in Keystone movies.

Take that, Antonio Banderas!

I read the same Mishima bio you did.

And to answer your other question: You have discovered my secret identity! Of course you realize I must kill you now. :)

-Suley

 
At September 06, 2005 11:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehe, that entry made me laugh. Beds are always coolest when you're a lil drunk and about to get in them.

Excellent tent; I'm sure that I probably would not be able to pitch a tent, I've never gone camping in my life.

That is one SCARY bug, I would not have gotten close enough to take a picture.

I like the 11 year old ass kicking story too. :) I apologize for my laughter at your expense. Kids these days... hehe.

I missed your blog!

 
At September 06, 2005 12:38 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Sounds familiar, you get out of bed in the middle of the night, and you risk losing your spot to one of the dogs, or a cat, or a 4 year old. Happens all the time. Hubby ends up on the sofa quite a bit.

 
At September 06, 2005 2:57 PM, Blogger Puck said...

As my GF would say, "He's a keeper."

Glad you stopped by my blog. Hope you enjoyed the reading. Glad you liked the pic!

 
At September 06, 2005 5:37 PM, Blogger paula said...

awwww!!!

Where can I get a guy like that? (that likes girls like me)

;)

mg

 
At September 06, 2005 7:42 PM, Blogger Jen said...

There's nothing better than a guy who can "pitch a tent". :)

 
At September 06, 2005 8:20 PM, Blogger Deepak said...

LOL! The linear acceleration was a good one!

 
At September 06, 2005 9:31 PM, Blogger BEGT said...

M sounds great... I'm glad he's in your life :)

 
At September 06, 2005 10:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, so seriously, where'd you get the tent? We're in the market for a new one and I'd love the one with the doggie door!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home