Wednesday, March 08, 2006

pwned.

Or whatever the kids say these days.

T minus twelve hours and counting 'till The Knife.

Sigh.

There was one nice thing today. I ordered a remote for my camera earlier this week, thinking that I can hold the remote and use it with my right hand while holding the camera and composing with my left hand. I didn't expect the remote to arrive until next week, but lo and behold, it was in a box by the front door when I arrived home from work today. What was amusing (irritatingly) is that though the remote is smaller than those itty-bitty boxes of Dots you get at Halloween, it came in a box about twice the size of my head. No wonder they charged me $6.27 for shipping. That money must have gone to pay for all that oh-so-necessary packaging!

Ah well, at least it's here. I had a lot of doopid fun playing with it for about ten minutes before I decided the prudent thing to do would be to crawl into bed and put the covers over my head for a while. This early-morning insomnia is taking its toll.

I was tagged for a meme by elevendy-two billion people (okay, like, two or three) so I s'poze it's time I got around to doing it. It asks for four answers to each question, but four is one of those numbers I have trouble with, so I'm giving three answers.

1. 3 jobs I've had in my life:
  • Veterinary hospital assistant (i.e., chief poop cleaner-upper)
  • Scanner of books and editor of text for $6 an hour
  • Proofreader geek
2. 3 movies I'd watch over and over:
3. 3 places I've lived:
  • Ohio
  • Ohio
  • Ohio (how freakin' lame is that)
4. 3 TV shows I like to watch:
  • Simpsons
  • Family Guy
  • American Dad (those are the *only* TV shows I watch, actually, except for DVD episodes of Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, South Park, and SpongeBob SquarePants, all of which are cable shows, and I gots no cable.)
5. 3 favorite places I've been on vacation:
  • South Dakota (shuddup, it's gorgeous)
  • Norris Lake, TN
  • Myrtle Beach (go ahead, Suley, begin the hating. I have my reasons ;) )
6. 3 websites I visit daily:
  • Flickr
  • Bloggr
  • pee g dot com (I proofread it, lucky me)
7. 3 of my favorite foods:
  • Saag paneer
  • tofu, pretty much any ol' whichy-way
  • cheese (yum)
8. 3 places I'd rather be right now:
  • nothin' beats home when you're stressed about surgery. I'm happy where I am, thanks.
Daz it.

Wish me luck, kids!

7 Comments:

At March 09, 2006 12:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All the best for your surgery...

And w00t! on the remote control!

 
At March 09, 2006 1:03 PM, Blogger Greg said...

You'll do fine with the surgery. As for the box, well, I, um....I got nothing.

 
At March 09, 2006 2:13 PM, Blogger paula said...

LUCK! LUCK! LUCK!

(you will be just fine)

*smooch*

mg

 
At March 09, 2006 7:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

J! Been thinking about you today. I hope everything goes really smoothly. I'm so sorry you have to go through all this crap, and I hope M is taking good care of you!

Lots of love!

 
At March 10, 2006 1:12 AM, Blogger Mary said...

Luck. ♣

Thinking of you.

And LOL, your #3 echoey answers remind me of the ending part of the Drew Carey show song.

Hope all went/goes well.

♥ Mary

 
At March 10, 2006 3:30 AM, Blogger Fatma said...

Be thinking of you! Bonne chance & Bon retablissement dear!

Take care!
Fitèna

 
At March 20, 2006 9:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

BTW, the reason you got tagged like a bajillion times is because I got it and tagged people I've met off your list. Sorry 'bout that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home