Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Aw for Pete's sake

You know those days you'd like to recall? The ones where stuff goes wrong all damn day? Yeah that was today.

I borrowed my Grandma's car because I can't drive my own since it's a stick shift. Yesterday I left the headlights on in the parking lot while I was working. Needless to say, the car was dead when I came back to the parking lot. A coworker and I tried to jump it to no avail; it was dead as a doornail. I had to take the bus home (a painful experience with the busted arm). This morning it snowed. I had to take the bus back to work. The bus was late because of the snow. Then there was traffic because of the wrecks because of the snow. Then at work I had to do a project that involves a large amount of tedious cutting and pasting, over and over, for hours. My boss asked how it was going and I sort of told him. I said things I regret. I was in pain because I can't take my painkillers at work because my brain won't work, I was in a terrible mood worrying about the car. I really shouldn't have said those things. M met me after work to try to jump the car again, since he knows about these things. Nothing. We had to leave it again, covered in snow, in the lot downtown where some girl got her windows busted out yesterday. He drove me home, then drove me to therapy where I couldn't get much therapy done because my arm can hardly be moved now because of the bus riding and the uncomfortable way I have to sit in my desk chair. Then he drove me to my mom's to borrow her car, since I broke the one I already borrowed. Now he is back downtown with my uncle trying to fix the car. In the dark. In the cold. In the snow. I feel horrible about it. I can't believe I left the damn lights on.

The thing inside my bottom lip has swollen beyond all reason. I'm going to the doctor next Wednesday to get it cut out. Every word I speak is uncomfortable because my teeth hit it.

Soon I am going to have something positive to say. Dammit. Dammit! I am!

8 Comments:

At March 21, 2006 9:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dang.

 
At March 21, 2006 10:28 PM, Blogger Elemmaciltur said...

Awwww...cheer up. :)

 
At March 21, 2006 10:57 PM, Blogger M said...

Dude.

I'm reminded of that scene at the end of Wayne's World where they accidentally light the house on fire and there's some "why god why" yelling and then Cassandra is getting her nasty on with Rob Lowe...
Yeah, anyway. Be pissed. You deserve it.

 
At March 22, 2006 5:45 AM, Blogger Fatma said...

Oh lala! But why do you go to work!? Don't you get sick leaves?!

Fitèna

 
At March 22, 2006 8:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are having one hell of a spell? My gosh--- you need some sort of non-skiing vacation or something- I leave the lights on every time I borrow a car, btw-

 
At March 22, 2006 10:10 AM, Blogger Kim said...

Oh gosh, you need a vacation in a bad bad bad way .... to somewhere with a beach and a wait staff.

 
At March 23, 2006 8:04 PM, Blogger suleyman said...

Man, you got some serious snakes on that plane.

Dark skies are gonna clear up, put on a happy face!

-Suley

 
At March 24, 2006 1:21 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I have been here. I am sorry you are here. Must get back on the freeway and take a better exit.

good lucks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home