Friday, March 17, 2006

The reflexes of a shrew

So I tried to go to work yesterday and only made it an hour and a half before I had to crawl out of there and come home and have M wrap me up in my elaborate plug-into-the-wall cooling system.

My physical therapist says I can't pick my camera up with my right hand for 9 weeks. Well, one week down, so 8 to go. I took this picture yesterday with a tripod and the remote I bought (which I am a little iffy on, as sometimes when I use it the cam focuses and sometimes it doesn't). These are hyacinths that a coworker brought me a couple days after my surgery. They're making the house smell really good.
I wrote a post last night but Blogger ate it. But that's probably good because it was really negative. Yesterday sucked. Except for when M and I watched "Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter." That was amusing.

Good moments and bad...still in a lot more pain than I expected. It feels a bit better today so that's nice, but I've been fooled before into thinking the pain was gone only to have it come back and whomp my arse down hardcore. Typing kinda stinks. Takes a long time.

My goal today: To last 3 hours at work. Wish me luck.

8 Comments:

At March 17, 2006 10:55 AM, Blogger K said...

Beautiful pic.

And good luck!

 
At March 17, 2006 11:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck at work.

Lovely picture.

Nine weeks means nine weeks, and maybe more. Don't try to push the issue, 'k?

 
At March 17, 2006 11:56 AM, Blogger Kim said...

You are making my shoulder ache just reading out your pain. Don't try to do too much, your body needs to heal, and for that it needs rest. Of course, this easier said than done. When I broke my ankle I was going absolutely bonkers with boredom.

 
At March 17, 2006 1:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, if you're right-handed and you have to hold your camera in your left hand, are you shooting from the Right Side of the Brain? Or would that apply only if you had to adjust your eyedness? (I'm right-eyed and sometimes view from the left for a stretch and there is a subtle difference in the resulting photo) Or, did I just drop in and babble in your comments page? Anyhow, j., glad to hear you're having some better moments!

 
At March 17, 2006 11:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like that to get to your site I just type 'tramp' in the address bar and your site pops up. ;-) Happy St. Patty's!

 
At March 18, 2006 10:42 AM, Blogger Elemmaciltur said...

Hey, just take it easy on yourself and don't exert yourself too much...you know, you don't want to muck things up. ;) Hang on in there!

 
At March 18, 2006 4:27 PM, Blogger M said...

Giv'r hell.

 
At March 21, 2006 3:52 PM, Blogger Waddie G. said...

very nice picture...I hope you heal quickly...I know how it sucks having an injury that puts a temporary halt on the things you love to do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home