Tuesday, August 23, 2005

All the news that's pit to frint

I'd just like to take this moment to point out that my state's governor has the lowest approval rating in the country right now. Yep, fiftieth out of fifty. Can't sink any lower than that.

That Taft. What a numbnuts.

If you have any interest at all in learning why I never vote Republican, here's an example.

I had to work three hours' overtime yesterday because...I don't know, I think someone circumvented a process somewhere or something. Imagine that. Of course yesterday was the most gorgeous day since sometime in early June. I did get to take a walk at lunch that I enjoyed a whole lot. I felt good, and light, for the first time in a while. I had my iPod on shuffle and one of the songs that played was "Hold Me Now" from an 80s playlist I put together. I walked around downtown amidst the throngs of business people escaped from their cubicles to enjoy the weather, grinning like an idiot and getting funny looks. It almost made up for having to work overtime. When I got home (real late) I drank a couple beers and fell asleep. Very exciting evening, full of NOT working on the bathroom.

To answer a few recent comments: Jenelle, my posts show up at 11:59 because I write them in the middle of the night when all sane and rational people are asleep, and I manually set the time to 11:59 the previous day so they show up as being part of, say, Tuesday instead of Wednesday, because I consider 2 a.m. Wednesday to still be part of my Tuesday consciousness, my awareness of Tuesday as a concept. If that makes any sense. Which it probably doesn't. Ha.

E, and the others who asked: I'll post pics of the bathroom disaster tonight, I think, if I'm not too embarrassed. I mean I have really fucked it up in there. Ha ha. M, I have a facemask, but with the asthmatic lungs already working poorly, putting one of those on is like stuffing socks up my nose and I can't breathe. I kinda use it intermittently. Atpanda--maybe I should have gone the cut-the-hair route instead of the bathroom-remodeling route. I'll keep that in mind next time I am full of angst. Em--yes, it has for sure been asthma hell summer. I'm actually looking forward to fall for a change, which I never do, because it's the harbinger of winter and I always get depressed in winter. But at least I'm able to breathe then. Greg: I know about the gummy mouth. It is gross. Mr. H.K.: you're right, at least I have a wall to fuck up, instead of no wall. D.K.: yep, I said belt sander. God help me.

About the post titled "Speak"--the text over the hand is text from my novel (which I'm beginning to worry about, as that agent chick in New York has had it for about two months now and I've heard nothing, although I'm told it can be six months to a year before you hear back--still nerve wracking, I need word!). The novel deals primarily with the effects of touch, of humans touching one another, both positively and negatively, and so. There you go. Text on a hand. Also, Jenelle, I am planning to post more stories on Novel Thoughts, hopefully soon. I got a whole paragraph into one yesterday. I'm really crackin' now...

Okay. I guess I'll go pretend to work or something.

6 Comments:

At August 23, 2005 9:57 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I always get myself in the middle of a home improvement project and think, What the f was I thinking? Keep at it, and it will be great. I will check back for the photos. I love that kind of thing.

You wrote a novel! Wonderful! I really enjoy reading your blog, you have a great talent for writing. Make sure to let me know when you are published. I will be the first person out here in the bowels of the midwest waiting to get your book!

 
At August 23, 2005 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wierd, I was just singing "Hold Me Now" to myself in my head. Not that that makes me sound crazy or anything. (Good job on finishing your day with beer, by the way. You are learning... soon the teacher will become the student.)

 
At August 23, 2005 10:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

'hold me now' wasn't part of the series of songs that joseph and i have been singing lately- but it seems it is 80s song week-
the medals on underwear: where i grew up all the kids had st. christopher and st. jude medalions safety pinned somewhere under their clothes- i didn't because my mom was converted and believe that the practice was idolatry

 
At August 23, 2005 11:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just re~read your stories because...well, for one thing I am a creature of habit and enjoy re~reading a good story, and for another, you're a fabulous storyteller. My favorite of the 3 you have posted is the first one...Is it called The Beach? (Terrible memory, you know). N~E~ WAYYYY...I love this story because of all the raw emotion. What is amazing about it though, is that it doesn't come off brash. Usually when there is so much rawness in a story, it makes the telling of it raw. Know what I mean? But here, in this one particularly, you tell it almost poetically, so that the reader is on the verge of tears at every sentence. You paint such a vivid picture that it's like watching a movie...seamless. Can't wait to read more!

 
At August 23, 2005 3:04 PM, Blogger Todd HellsKitchen said...

I just added Novel Thoughts to my Blog Roll at Bloglines....

So, now you GOTTA WRITE!

Ahhhhh, the PRESSURE!

Hehe.

Cheers,
Mr. H.K.
Postcards from Hell's
Kitchen

And I Quote Blog

 
At August 23, 2005 3:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you hear about the high school in Canton with 65 pregnant students? No joke.

"A, o, oh way to go Ohio."

-Suley

 

Post a Comment

<< Home