Saturday, July 09, 2005

DogBlog

Welcome to format change number...six hundred and two. I was having a hard time reading the text against the dark background on the other format, and I thought the width of the area where the text appeared was too narrow, so I did some switcheroo and built a new template. Opinions? Easier to read?

Time for rowdy dog pics. Click on any of them for a larger image. At left is a pic of Steve engaged in one of his favorite exercises: jumping in the kiddie pool, jumping out of the kiddie pool, and shaking six gallons of dirty dogwater onto me.




Here, we have Kiva waiting for me to throw a stick into the air so she can attack it and pretend it's a small defenseless bird and remove its innards.








Steve doing the same thing. His lips are so floppy and his teeth so big that sometimes when he closes his mouth, his tooth gets stuck on the outside of his lip. What a goob.








Kiva, looking like the coyote she secretly believes she is. When I was a kid my dad shot a coyote and brought it home. Except for the fur color, it looked an awful lot like Kiva does now--especially when her hackles are up. I'd be willing to put money on her vs. a coyote in a race. This dog is a maniacal speed-demon, and she can turn on a dime.





Steve attacking Nancy as she jumps up onto the trampoline. This jump is approximately four times her height. She has to get a run-up to do it, but it's quite something to see her pull it off. While she might look small and meek here, I can assure you she's not; she has pit bull blood in her.



As you can see, Nancy can hold her own in a fight. Kiva referees. It might look vicious, but it's not; it's just the hurricane of dog that constantly moves through my house and yard.






Okay, that's all I've got for now, except for this follow-up on my post about Danny Way leaping the Great Wall of China on a skateboard: That crazy mofo did it. Five times.

Time to heat up leftover beans-and-rice-gallore deep dish bake I made up last night. Yum.

4 Comments:

At July 09, 2005 3:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT! I especially like the obligatory photo of poison ivy to the right. :)
Looks really nice.

 
At July 09, 2005 7:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dark text on a light background is always easier to read.

I like it!

 
At July 09, 2005 7:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You reaaaallly need to stop encountering itchy things! I've heard those little guys can be really nasty! I feel your pain, my hives are having a hayday with the humidity and overdose of allergens (hay, dust, horses, cats...) 12 hours a day.
Love the dog pictures, looks like you really have your hands full with those three, they seem like a pretty wild bunch!

 
At July 09, 2005 8:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like~y! Steve is stinkin adorable! I Love them puppies ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home